Friday, April 13, 2012

Con Countdown: Day 1

I've decided on conquering a new project. This one is a huge sucker, one with many parts. I'm anxious to give it a go, and I hope I actually make it the entire project.

Ready?

I have signed up for Fandomfest '12 in Louisville KY. First day is June 29th, which means in 76 days I have to be ready. I've never done a convention. I don't have a single thing made or a display or pretty much anything ready.

So starting today I am blogging. Every day I will tell about my day. What I've crafted, built, bought for the con, etc. And I'm hoping in the end it will all come together and I will have an amazing con experience.

Let's start with a list of things I need before the con. Extra supplies, displays, etc.
Here we go:
- a huge banner for the table showing everyone "hey look I'm awesome check out my table"
- a tablecloth, I'm thinking pink but since it's a horror con I might change that
- some way to accept credit cards. I don't have a smart phone, but I might have to get one just for the con
- extra necklaces, earrings, ring blanks, bracelets, and paper goods. I'm going to buy at least 2 packs of everything. I normally get 35 bracelets on ebay, so I'll up it to 70. Probably more as I go on
- business cards. New pretty ones. The ones I have are generic and really boring
- tons more clay. I have a lot from Thanksgiving sales, but I need tons and tons of beige for characters
- displays for necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings, greeting cards, and my newest product lip balm
- a cheapy hotel in Louisville. My brother went to college in KY so I've been there before, I think it will help in going up there
- someone to work the table with me. For now I'm trying to push my brother into going with me since he's into horror himself. Should be fun, but he's kinda whiny about it. Who knows :p

I also made a list of goals. What I want to accomplish in time for the con. Here's my goal list:
- Make 10 of each item I already sell. At least ten. But for big items I sell I'll make much more.
- come up with some new horror items. I have written a list of ideas, I'm a huge horror geek so it won't be too hard. I want to have stuff just for the con, not sold on etsy
- Make my own displays. My dad is making a display for me, a 3-tier wooden pendant display. I am going to make a bracelet display out of a picture frame. Can't wait to try anyway. Don't know what I'm going for earring and rings yet, but I want to make my own so we'll see
- I used to make felt plushies for fun years ago, and I want to try making more. I bought some more felt and read tons of tutorials. I wanna make geeky plush awesomeness! :)

So now that I've explained what I want to accomplish, and what I'll be doing, here we go. Next post is when I start!

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment