Sunday, April 15, 2012

Con Countdown: Day 2

Days till Con: 75
Items made: 2 bracelets
Displays made: 0
Money spent: $114

Today I finished off 2 Hunger Game charm bracelet orders, Katniss's hair takes forever to braid so it took me a while.

I also made a new charm bracelet. Firefly! I watched some of my fave episodes while making it, I can't wait to add it to the store. Not a huge surprise but Kaylee is my fave that I made, too cute. :)

And finally today I can mark off one of the things I need for the con off my list. I need a credit card reader, something easy to use. I tried looking up a couple of different things. ProPay, Paypal and Squareup. For me, Squareup sounds best. With Propay you pay a yearly fee plus a fee everytime you use their service. With Paypal, I'd have to change my entire account and give them a big cut of each transaction. Square is a free app for your phone that charges you a small teeny tiny fee per transaction but no gimmicks.
Only thing? I don't have a smart phone. So today I had 2 choices: buy an ipad or an ipod to use square.
I chose the ipod touch. It was only 60 bucks on ebay and I needed to upgrade my ipod anyway. The one I have is about to die, and the screen has blacked out spots all over it. Plus, it's over 7 years old.
Out with the old, in with the new fancy credit card reader/mp3 player. Yay!

Not bad today. Had a fun time looking up ipods and making new bracelets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment